Continuing Education is an open learning community that offers affordable, non‑credit courses for those interested in short‑term personal enrichment and professional development opportunities.
Expand your knowledge, explore a longtime interest, and meet new people. Whether you're interested in finding a new hobby or meeting a professional goal, we have something for everyone! Learn about our options below and choose from a variety of courses taught by passionate educators and subject matter experts.
- Explore a longtime personal interest or develop a new hobby
- Offered during weeknights or weekends
- Taught in-person on Shoreline's campus or live online using Zoom
- Classes begin throughout each quarter
- Amharic, Chinese, French and Spanish Language
- Cascade Music Lessons
- Community Concert Band
- Computer Basics
- CPR, AED & Basic First Aid
- Credit Smarts
- Dandylyon Youth Theater Production
- Drawing: Beginning & Advanced Atelier
- Fall Garden Series
- Holiday Gifts & Calligraphy
- Holiday wines with Charcuterie
- Learn to Weave on a Table Top Loom
- Photography Series: Let there be Light
- Podcasting 101
- Poetry of Mary Oliver
- Pickleball & Yoga
- Softball Youth Training Clinics
- Weight Training &Cardio Fitness
- …and more!
- Explore a new career
- Acquire professional level skills for in-demand occupations
- Programs designed by professionals from each respective field
- Instructors/mentors are actively involved in your online learning experience
- Most classes begin every six weeks
- AutoCAD Certified User
- Certificate in Healthcare and Eldercare
- Certified Paralegal
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- HVAC/R Certified Technician
- Java Programmer and Python 3 Developer
- Veterinary Assistant Series
- Prepare for industry certification
- Practice for a standardized exam
- Earn Clock Hours
- Courses are convenient and effective way to learn new skills
- Instructor-led and self-paced online options available
- Most courses begin every six weeks or start self-paced classes immediately!
- A to Z Grant Writing
- Health & Wellness Series
- Helping Elderly Parents
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Course
- Speed Spanish, Italian, French and more
- Teacher Professional Development
- Test Prep (ACT, SAT, GRE, TEAS, PMP, Praxis, LSAT, UI/UX, and more!)
Computer Design & Programming Classes for Youth
Shoreline Community College is proud to offer online STEAM camps in partnership with Black Rocket, a leader in national tech-education. Black Rocket’s distinct programs in Creative Sciences and Digital Arts focus on the intersection of creativity and technology. Each course emphasizes self-empowerment, cognitive reasoning, and divergent thinking through hands-on learning. Whether in the classroom or the cloud, we believe every human being is unique in their ability and talents. Black Rocket's mission is to help ignite, unleash, and enhance these distinct talents.
Online classes run Monday through Friday, as well as on weekend mornings, with live instructors. Choose from age-appropriate camps in both the morning and afternoon to build the perfect schedule! Topics covered include coding, video game design, eSports, Roblox, Minecraft, video special effects, virtual reality, and so much more! See the technical requirements for online camps. Tech support is provided up to and after the start of camps.
Ages: Camps are grouped for students age 8 - 11 years old and 11 - 14 years old
Location: 100% online
Dates: Ongoing sessions throughout the year!
Camp Fees: $59 to $139 per session with varying dates, times, and number of weeks
Clock Hours for Educators
Shoreline offers continuing education clock hours for teachers and educators. Pay a $20 fee once per quarter and earn OSPI Professional Development clock hours for any courses taken during that quarter.
Teach for Us
The Continuing Education Program works to connect members of our community with passionate instructors and subject matter experts. If you are interested in sharing your knowledge with adult learners, we want to hear from you!